Car Accident Attorneys Help You Obtain Compensation in Virginia
Assisting clients injured in sideswipe accidents, rear-end collisions and other types of auto wrecks
When a car accident interrupts your life, where do you turn? After seeing a doctor and taking care of your health, you may want to consult with an experienced attorney. For more than 15 years, we at The Leiser Law Firm have fought to help car accident victims in Northern Virginia. We understand that an auto collision can affect virtually every aspect of your life. Our attorneys focus on providing you with competent legal care so you can receive the compensation you deserve.
Car crash statistics for Virginia
If you drive on a daily basis, the odds of being involved in at least one car accident in your lifetime are good. According to statistics from the Department of Motor Vehicles, on average, there is one crash every 4.26 minutes in Virginia. Additional statistics on car accidents in the state that you may want to consider include:
- There were 123,579 crashes in 2012.
- Because of traffic crashes, 184 people are injured per day.
- There are 2.12 lives lost per day because of traffic crashes.
- In 2012, 67,004 people were injured. Of those, 1,862 were pedestrians, 16,017 were passengers, and 49,125 were drivers.
- Also in 2012, 229 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes (29.5 percent of all traffic fatalities).
Car accidents happen for a variety of reasons, but many are the result of negligence. The courts take collisions caused by careless drivers seriously, especially when they involve:
- Excessive speed
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Texting while driving
- Talking on a cellphone
Whether you suffer injury because of a distracted driver, a reckless driver or a vehicle defect, you have a right to take legal action. Our team of experienced lawyers can help you file a lawsuit to obtain compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
We seek compensation for a variety of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head injury
- Neck injury
- Spinal injury
- Severe burns
- Broken and fractured bones
What if I’m involved in an accident with someone who does not have insurance?
If you suffer personal injury in an accident with a hit-and-run driver, you may be wondering who pays for your medical expenses. In Virginia, insurers are required by law to include extra coverage for accidents involving underinsured or uninsured drivers.
What steps should I take immediately following an accident?
Trucking, car and motorcycle accidents can cause serious trauma. If you have been injured, you may have difficulty gathering your thoughts. Knowing in advance what to do after an accident can help you make good decisions. Immediately following a motor vehicle, you should try to remain calm and then take the following steps:
- Contact emergency services — Your top priority must be your health. Even if you think you have sustained only a minor injury, you should go to the hospital.
- See a doctor — Following your release from the hospital, you should visit your doctor. Have the full extent of your injuries diagnosed and be sure to follow your doctor’s orders.
- Contact a lawyer — Next, consider building a legal case. If you suspect a negligent party caused your accident, an attorney can help you obtain just compensation.
Seek sound guidance from competent car crash lawyers in Northern VA
A car accident can change your life forever. At The Leiser Law Firm we provide you with experienced legal help so you can obtain the rightful compensation you need to resume your life. To schedule a free consultation with an attorney at our firm, call 703-734-5000 or contact us online. For personal injury cases, we operate on a contingency fee basis.