Virginia Criminal Law Attorneys Passionately Defend Your Rights
Fighting aggressively for clients in McLean and all of Northern Virginia
For more than a decade, we at The Leiser Law Firm have represented clients in Northern Virginia who face misdemeanor and felony charges. If you or your loved one has been arrested, we understand the gravity of your situation. When you come to see us, we analyze your case, weigh all of your options, and devise the safest strategy to achieve the best possible outcome. Our attorneys work tirelessly and fearlessly to resolve cases in the most efficient manner.
Types of cases we handle
The criminal justice system is vast and can seem confusing and intimidating. Without an in-depth understanding of its laws and procedures, you may find yourself lost. We explain your options and keep you informed every step of the way, because we understand what you are going through.
We have extensive knowledge and experience investigating and gathering evidence, documents, facts, testimonies, and more. We use cutting-edge technology to gather DNA and forensic evidence. By being prepared and informed, we minimize surprises in the courtroom. At The Leiser Law Firm, our attorneys assist clients with various criminal defense cases, including:
- Assault and battery — Assault and battery are two different violent crimes. If police arrest you for assault and battery, you must seek competent legal help.
- Drug crimes — We frequently represent clients accused of possessing, selling and manufacturing many different types of drugs. Drug crimes are generally penalized based on type and quantity.
- Embezzlement — Embezzlement is a serious crime for which you could lose your freedom.
- Expungement— Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to have your arrest record expunged. Our attorneys carefully review your case and provide you with a prompt assessment.
- Felony charges — If you violate a Virginia state law, you may be charged with either a misdemeanor or a felony. Felony offenses are more serious than misdemeanors and result in more than a year in prison.
- Fraud — Our defense attorneys have experience representing clients accused of many fraud crimes, including identity theft, credit card fraud, and mail fraud. A white collar crime, fraud is a serious offense that may be prosecuted at the state or federal level, depending on the circumstances of your case.
- Malicious prosecution — If you believe you have been prosecuted unjustly, our lawyers perform an exhaustive investigation of your case.
- Malicious wounding — In the event you are charged with malicious wounding — intentionally and maliciously stabbing, cutting, shooting, or otherwise wounding another — you may face 20 years in prison.
- Misdemeanors — Misdemeanors, while not as serious as felonies, can damage your reputation and affect your ability to earn a living.
- Protective order defense — Being accused of family or domestic violence can prevent you from visiting your children or living in your home. Our lawyers fiercely protect your rights if your spouse or another family member seeks a protective order against you.
- Rape — If you are accused of rape, you should seek experienced legal help immediately. Rape is one of the most serious crimes a person can commit, and without skilled counsel, you may face a minimum of 25 years in prison.
- Sexual assault — A sexual assault conviction can land you in jail and on the sex offender registry.
- Shoplifting/larceny — Theft crime convictions can make employment at a financial institution nearly impossible. Moreover, a larceny conviction can strip you of your freedom. Our attorneys regularly defend clients who face charges for shoplifting and petty theft in Virginia.
Let Virginia criminal law attorneys build you a solid defense
Facing charges for any type of crime puts you at serious risk. Without experienced counsel, your life could change forever. At The Leiser Law Firm we act quickly to protect your rights and build a strong defense for you. Call 703-734-5000 or contact us online to find out if you qualify for a free consultation for your criminal matter with a lawyer at our firm.